Tuesday, October 19, 2010

college essay ! (unedited)

Brittany Anselmo


Ryan Gallagher

Senior CP, Period 1

19 Oct. 2010



WHY?


Why?  Why am I the person I am today? Why to I do the things I do?  Why did I become this person? These are questions I don’t fully know the answers to. Who am I? I am Brittany Anselmo, 18 years old, senior in high school, a girl trying to do what she has to do to get where she has to go. I’m a girl who has an extremely outgoing personality, someone who isn’t scared to be noticed. I’m a girl who isn’t afraid to take the risk of doing anything and possibly fail. I’m a girl that will totally learn from everything I ever do. I’m a girl that a look at life not only through my eyes but also to try from everyone else’s as well. I’m the girl that’s going to tell you the truth no matter what; I’m the girl that’s going to stick up for what is right and what is wrong, no matter what.
Like this always? Nope not at all! Before high school, I was just a shy girl who was extremely shy; someone who was afraid to voice her opinion because she felt like it wasn’t worth much. I was someone who let people walk all over me and do absolutely nothing about it at all. When soon realizing this, I told myself once I get into high school this is all going to change. I was sick and tired of feeling like I didn’t matter, and I wasn’t worth as much as everyone else. So I did change, I went into that first day of school a totally different girl.
When first changing, I’m not going to lie it was easy but there where some down falls at first. My mouth was getting me into trouble because I felt like I could say what ever to who ever, which clearly isn’t the case especially when most of my time was spent in school. My mouth seemed to be getting me in trouble a lot; I didn’t know how to control what I wanted to say. I felt I had the right to say anything, and what made me what to say everything was because for so long I said nothing at all. I can say for at least a good year I kept my mouth up. Not only was it affecting school but also it had an affect on my home life.  My mom and I started fighting a lot; I felt I didn’t have to listen to anyone that I didn’t want to. I had the mind set that it’s my life and I can do whatever I want and no one will stop me.
My outlook on life changed towards the end of last year. I realized I was being totally immature, and in order to get someone where I need to respect the people who know what’s best for me, the people that can actually help me get somewhere. Once I started to actually see that the reason I felt that my teacher actually weren’t out to get me like most student say, I grew to like them as they did to me, and it made things a whole lot easier and going to class was actually fun. Not only did my out look change towards school but it changed for everything else. I started to use my mouth for good and stick up for what was right and for what was wrong. When I would see kids getting picked on in school I would use my voice to stick up for them because they where to scared like I once was to say anything to anyone, so I understood what they were feeling at the time. I have like the biggest heart in the world, and this might be corny but I have a place for everyone. To this day I try to help anyone I can, whether they ask or not, its just how I am.
In life I feel, it’s always good to look at things through other perspectives. In certain situation I look a things how I see them but then I look a things how other people see them. When doing this I think you get a better understanding about how things really are, it opens up your eyes a little bit more then maybe what they were before. I do this all the time with everything; I’m never too quick to judge things.
With this new attitude towards how I see things and how I do things, I know what I want for myself in life. I want an education that will take me way beyond that what it has to. I want a job that makes me happy when I do it, and other people happy as well. Everything I do is for me, but secretly a little bit of it is for everyone else as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment